Find below all relevant searches of students.
- Want to be my student?
- Direct link to ECE Graduate Application
- Looking for the ECE Recruiting PowerPoint talk?
So, you want to be my student
If you want to be my student, please pay close attention:
- Successful students have excellent (not just competent) skills in both software, and mathematics (including matrix algebra and differential equations)
- I generally fund RA positions only to PhD students.
- I advise MS students only if their research intersects with mine.
If you meet these qualifications, then perform the following exercise:
- Apply to the ECE Department. I do not handle admissions, and I only consider students who are admitted through the standard process.
- Choose 2-3 IEEE or AIAA journal or conference publications from my website that interest you. Do not choose technical reports, or student papers.
- Write a critical review of the papers, including why the work is interesting, but most importantly where you think the work should go next. In this review, you are proving to me that you understand the purpose of research, and most importantly that you understand the technical details of the paper and how they relate to research.
I recommend you do this sometime before the application deadline of the department. If you are a strong student, and I know you are applying, I can do much more for you in terms of fellowships.