Ethan Rabb (CatVehicle researcher)
REU and Driverless car on Live TV.
- The lab projects are all over the media these days. We have recently appeared in the Arizona Daily Star (7/21), ASEE First Bell (2x: 7/23, 8/7), and have made the front page of UA News on 6/20 and July 25.
- New Award: SBIR Phase I: Domain-Specific Modeling of the Autonomous Systems Demonstration and Experimentation Workbench, with TORC Technologies (6/4/2013)!!
- My tutorial at ECBS 2013 on "Mobile Device Software: Model-Based Architectures and Examples" was great fun for all. You can find out more about the talk (and see the slides) here.
- You can see me talking about the ConfluenCenter for Creative Inquiry's as part of their Public Service Announcement.
- New Award: Cognitive and Autonomous Test Vehicle (CATVehicle), REU Site from the National Science Foundation and the Air Force Office of Scientific Research. PI: Jonathan Sprinkle, Co-PI Tamal Bose, with Dr. Haris Volos. CNS-1262960 (3/26/2013).
- New Award: CAREER: Domain-Specific Modeling Techniques for Cyber-Physical Systems, from the National Science Foundation. PI: Jonathan Sprinkle, CNS-1253334 (2/27/2013).
- In this episode of Arizona Illustrated Science, I join Melanie Hingle to talk about the UA mHealth special interest group. (2/12/2013)
- Congratulations to Casey Mackin of the DARES project for being awarded an Astronaut Scholarship Foundation scholarship for 2012-2013 (9/12/2012)!!
- The September 2012 issue of The Economist has a story in which I'm quoted regarding autonomous cars. (9/1/2012)
- First Place! Our I-Corps team won the Best Team Award for our work in the NSF I-Corps 2012 Summer Cohort at U-Mich. See our winning team's video here. (8/30/2012)
- Teaching ECE 505 (Model-Integrated Computing), MW 1:00-2:20 in ECE 258 in Fall 2012 (8/20/2012).
- Check out this AP news story "Safety is Big Concern for Autonomous Cars," where the lab's work is featured. Also includes Neil Degrasse Tyson!! (06/26/2012)
- First place! The 2011-2012 ENGR 498 Capstone Project sponsored by my NSF award was part of this team that won First Place at IMAV 2012.
- New Award: I-Corps:A Cost-Limited Home Thermostat (CLD/HT), PI: Jonathan Sprinkle, Co-PI: Susan Lysecky, from the National Science Foundation (I-Corps Program), IIP-1249175. (7/1/2012)
- UA UAV Researchers featured on Phoenix's Fox News. (5/18/2012)
- My Talk,
[[Tech Push] Mobile: Pull], at the UA mHealth interest meeting, is available here: (5/3/2012)
- Congratulations to Charles Mackin for being awarded a National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship! (3/30/2012)
- New Award: The Precariat: An Intellectual History and Digitally Enhanced Learning, PI: Hai Ren, East Asian Studies. Involves a model for integrating digital and design technologies into the creation of an engaged learning/thinking experience. Sponsor is the UA Confluence Center.
- Teaching ECE 441a-541a (Automatic Control), MWF 9:00-9:50 in Fall 2012.
- Check it out!! Former student Phillip Toussaint (BS, 2008) is featured in IEEE Spectrum's annual Dream Jobs report. (2/2012)
- Teaching ECE 473-573 (Software Engineering Concepts), MW 4:00-5:15 in HARV 318 (1/06/2012).
- Mobile Citizen Science! Sean Whitsitt and Armando Barreto presented results from the iPhen application at the Fourth Annual Phenology Research and Observations of Southwest Ecosystems (PROSE) Symposium. You can find their talk here .
- In Fall 2010, taught ECE 505 (Model-Integrated Computing), TR 9:30-10:45 in PSY 304 (8/24/2010).
- In Fall 2010, taught ECE 373 (Object-Oriented Software Design), TR 8:00-9:15 in ILC 125 (8/24/2010).
- Congratulations to Jacob Gulotta for successfully defending his MS Thesis (8/13/2010).
- Welcome to Sean Whitsitt and Kun Zhang, who will be joining the lab in Fall 2010.
- My talk at the 3rd International Workshop on Multi-Paradigm Modeling: Concepts and Tools, titled "Synthesizing Executable Simulations from Structural Models of Component-Based Systems", can be found here.
- My talk at the Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering (AME) Seminar, titled "Model-Based Design and Decision Control", can be found here.
- New award: Modeling of Embedded Human Systems, from the Air Force Office of Scientific Research (Program Officer, David Luginbuhl), Award #FA9550-091-0519. PI: Jonathan Sprinkle. (08/25/2009).
- New award: Physical Modeling and Software Synthesis for Self-Reconfigurable Sensors in River Environments, from the National Science Foundation (Cyber-Physical Systems), CNS-0930919. The award is collaborative research with Alexandre Bayen (UC Berkeley) and Sonia Martinez (UC San Diego). (08/21/2009).
- New award: Data-Adaptable Reconfigurable Embedded Systems (DARES), from the National Science Foundation, CNS-0915010. The PI is Roman Lysecky, co-PIs Jonathan Sprinkle, Michael Marcellin, and Jerzy Rozenblit (08/12/2009).
- In Fall 2009, taught ECE 373 (Object-Oriented Software Design).
- We received over 25 papers for the 9th OOPSLA Workshop on Domain Specific Modeling , at OOPSLA 2009 in Orlando, FL.
- My talk at the Cognitive Science Symposium (CSS) 2009 can be found here.
- Special Issue of IEEE Software on Domain-Specific Languages and Modeling Jul/Aug 2009 26(4) was just published and is now in print. I'm a Guest Editor (along with Marjan Mernik, Juha-Pekka Tolvanen, and Diomidis Spinellis).
- New award: STOMA II: Subspace Techniques for Obfuscating Matrix-based Algorithms, subcontract to SSCI. (03/19/2009)
- In Spring 2009, taught ECE 492 (Object-Oriented Software Design), Independent Study
- New grant: College of Engineering Faculty Support Grant, made possible by the generosity of Ed and Joan Biggers to the University of Arizona College of Engineering (2/11/2009).
- "On the Mitigation of MultiCore-Induced Behavioral Deviations of an Autonomous Ground Vehicle," my talk at the University of Arizona Joint Seminar (CS/ECE), 7 November 2008, is available for download.
- In Fall 2008, taught ECE 373 (Object-Oriented Software Design) and ECE 505 (Model-Integrated Computing)
- "CHESS: Building a Cyber-Physical Agenda on Solid Foundations", my talk at the From Embedded Systems to Cyber-Physical Systems: a Review of the State-of-the-Art and Research Needs workshop in St. Louis, is available for download.
- I was featured on the University of Arizona UA News, in a story "Engineering Prof Builds Brains for Robotic Cars" (4/11/2008).
- New award: "Command and Control (C2) Wind Tunnel: High-Level Autonomy for Multi-Rotorcraft Experiments", subcontract to Vanderbilt University (4/11/2008).
- Just submitted some new publications to CDC 2008. Check 'em out!!
- Click here to download my talk at the "National Workshop on High-Confidence Automotive Cyber-Physical Systems". This talk was part of the Academic Panel.
- In Spring 2008 taught ECE473/573.
- I got a grant from AFRL, with Co-PI Brandon Eames (USU), see details at the MultiCore Project Homepage
- The NITRD HCSSAS Workshop on "Aviation Software Systems: Design for Certifiably Dependable Systems" was held in Alexandria, VA, October 5-6
- The 2006 CHESS ITR Review was held in Alexandria, VA, October 4
- Teaching EECS290p, in relation to DARPA Grand Challenge (2006.08.*)
- Preparing a team for the DARPA Urban Challenge (2006.08.*)
- Relishing the vibrant success of SUPERB 2006 (2006.08.*)
- The BEARS Chess Open House was a great success! (2006.02.23)
- We are autonomously landing helicopters in the desert using computer vision! (2006.01.*)