The easiest way to reach me is by email:
Note this is my actual email. I do not fear the spammers.
If you can't find me, I'm probably up in ECE 446, off finding good espresso, forgetting to post to my weblog, looking for good graduate students, or coming up with captions for my headshot.
Prospective Students and Hiring Information
- Want to be my student?
- Direct link to ECE Graduate Application
- Looking for the ECE Recruiting PowerPoint talk?
- Submit your CPS Education artifacts here: http://cps-vo.org/group/edu/submit
- Teaching ECE 441a/541a (Automatic Control), MWF 8:00-8:50 in HARV302 in Fall 2013 (8/22/2013).
- REU Participant Ethan Rabb is featured in KGUN 9's story about the CatVehicle REU. (8/6/2013)
- Check out our live spot from FOX 11 in Tucson. (8/6/2013).
- The lab projects are all over the media these days. We have recently appeared in the Arizona Daily Star (7/21), ASEE First Bell (2x: 7/23, 8/7), and have made the front page of UA News on 6/20 and July 25.
- New Award: SBIR Phase I: Domain-Specific Modeling of the Autonomous Systems Demonstration and Experimentation Workbench, with TORC Technologies (6/4/2013)!!
- My tutorial at ECBS 2013 on "Mobile Device Software: Model-Based Architectures and Examples" was great fun for all. You can find out more about the talk (and see the slides) here.
- You can see me talking about the ConfluenCenter for Creative Inquiry's as part of their Public Service Announcement.
- New Award: Cognitive and Autonomous Test Vehicle (CATVehicle), REU Site from the National Science Foundation and the Air Force Office of Scientific Research. PI: Jonathan Sprinkle, Co-PI Tamal Bose, with Dr. Haris Volos. CNS-1262960 (3/26/2013).
- New Award: CAREER: Domain-Specific Modeling Techniques for Cyber-Physical Systems, from the National Science Foundation. PI: Jonathan Sprinkle, CNS-1253334 (2/27/2013).
- In this episode of Arizona Illustrated Science, I join Melanie Hingle to talk about the UA mHealth special interest group. (2/12/2013)
Dr. Jonathan Sprinkle is an Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Arizona. In 2013 he received the NSF CAREER award, and in 2009, he received the UA's Ed and Joan Biggers Faculty Support Grant for work in autonomous systems. Until June 2007, he was the Executive Director of the Center for Hybrid and Embedded Software Systems at the University of California, Berkeley. His research interests and experience are in systems control and engineering, through modeling and metamodeling, and he teaches in controls and systems modeling.
Dr. Sprinkle is a graduate of Vanderbilt University (PhD, MS) and Tennessee Technological University (BSEE). More biographies, and photos.
|Phone:||I do not check voicemail.|
|Do not leave voicemail. I always check email before voicemail.|
|Office Hours:||M: 1:00-2:00 pm|
|W. 9:00-10:00 am|
|And by special appointment with email confirmation.|
|Office hours are held only during term sessions.|
|Dr. Jonathan Sprinkle||Dr. Jonathan Sprinkle|
|PO Box 210104||University of Arizona, ECE|
|University of Arizona, ECE||1230 E. Speedway Blvd. Bldg 104, Room 230|
|Tucson, AZ 85721-0104||Tucson, AZ 85721-0104|
|1/22--1/24||Washington, DC||CPS Transportation Meeting|
|12/15--12/16||Washington, DC||CPS Energy Meeting|
|11/20-11/29||Tucson, AZ||Unavailable for academic committees (unless already scheduled)|
|11/13-11/15||Washington, DC||Meeting with Program Managers|
Weekly Schedule (updated for 2013S)
|0800||ECE 441a/||ECE 441a/||ECE 441a/|
- Some research performed off campus, email me for fixed-schedule meeting times
- This schedule includes only semester-scheduled events. Space indicates possibility, not a guaranteed open spot.
- Time indicated for research is available for research meetings, or by special appointment for office hours.
- If my door is open, you are welcome to come in regardless of the indication on the calendar.