.: Welcome to Dr. Akoglu's Reconfigurable
Our research program focuses on high performance computing systems and non-traditional computing architectures with themes that cover: a) development of resource management strategies from multi-processor system-on-chip to cloud computing scale; b) design and development of reconfigurable hardware architectures for reusable systems; c) modeling and simulation of neuromorphic computing architectures; and d) restructuring computationally challenging algorithms for achieving high performance on field programmable gate array (FPGA) and graphics processing unit (GPU) hardware architectures. Our lab is currently funded by:
- DARPA - "Domain-Focused Advanced Software-Reconfigurable Heterogeneous System on Chip (DASH-SoC)"
- NSF I/UCRC - "Industry/University Cooperative Research Center for Cloud and Autonomic Computing"
- Raytheon - “Exploring the Architectures and Application of Neuromorphic Computing”
- NIH, National Institute on Aging - "Impact of CMV Upon T-Cell Aging and Immune Defense"
- Nirmal passed his oral comprehensive exam, fantastic job like a pro.
- Burak defended his dissertation! Yey, congratulations!
- Josh and Nirmal appeared in the ECE 2019 Annual Magazine regarding the DASH-SoC project
- Ruben is on his way to Carnegie Mellon with a Dean’s Fellowship