Mathematical fundamentals for analysis of linear systems. Maps and operators in finite and infinite dimensional linear vector spaces, metric spaces, and inner-product spaces. Introduction to representation theory. Eigensystems. Spectral theorems and singular value decomposition. Continuity, convergence, and separability. Sturm-Louisville theory.
Class Hours: Monday, 4:00 PM - 6:30 PM @ ECE 107
Dr. Michael Gehm
Room: ECE 556-F
Phone: (520) 626-1120
Monday, 3:00 - 4:00 PM
Other times by appointment.
- First day of class: Monday, Aug. 20th.
- Last day to drop with no record: Sunday, Sept. 16th.
- Last day to drop with a W: Monday, Oct. 15th.
- Last day of class: Monday, Dec. 3rd.
- Final examination: Monday, Dec. 10th.